Friday, January 16, 2015

One Way Ticket...to Paradise

And buy a one-way ticket on a west bound train
See how far I can go
I'm gonna go out dancing in the pouring rain
And talk to someone I don't know
I will face the world around me
Knowing that I'm strong enough to let you go
And I will fall in love again
Because I can

Thanks to LeAnn Rimes and her song One Way Ticket for the opening lyrics to my blog entry today.

Well My goal to reading 50 books this year is off to a good start only 3 down 47 to go..lol

Looks like my blog writing goal is going good thus far..let's see if I can keep this up..

I am looking at the stack of paper that is the very rough draft of my story I wrote during National Write a Novel in a Month..thinking about going through it and edit it...My cousin broke the flash drive I had stored it on (insert frowny face and people wondered why I would hand write it lol)

On a NaNoWriMo related note I got ideas floating around for a shorter story a spin-off if you will involving my favorite character in my story..Lady Addison Stonehart..

Oh I know I will talk about NaNoWriMo for those of you who may not be familiar with it..

Well basically in the month of November participants try their best to write a novel that is a minimum of 50,000..My family always ask what can you win can you win money and the answer is no..I do it for fun and to keep my mind from being mushy..(There are some things you do get as rewards but I don't necessarily think they fit anybodies definition of a prize

When I first did it in 2013..I did it at a time when I just felt blah about a lot of things in my life and what not and just felt like my brain was turning into a big pile of mush and writing just really helped me and reignited a creative spark in me, of course I got busy in like and stuff and while I wasn't so blah about things I once again had the feeling of my brain just turning mushy again so when I realized in late Sept. early Oct. it was almost NaNo time again I got got giddy and begin to brainstorm ideas..and settled on a basic outline of one and when November came just began to write.. (that plus I got a spiffy new muse to inspire me to write and base a character loosely on her..Thanks Addy)

It also made once again realize something as a 2 time 2 time winner of NaNoWriMo..that I can set a goal and achieve it, so with that in mind I have entered a new year with goals in my mind that I know I can achieve sure to some people they may seem relatively small I am going to do all that I can to make my goals a reality.

I feel the fog of the writer's block slowly lifting away now that I have put hands to keyboard..Hmm now weither or not to have Addy face off against a Vampire Clan or have her face off against a Jason style killer at a summer camp... (ok readers you decide..you can tweet me at @MrBooButt or leave me a comment telling which story I should tackle)

Until Next Time

Peace
Love
And a Bowl of Apple Jacks



No comments:

Post a Comment